Monday, January 10, 2011

Lo Carb Breaded Catfish Recipe - Induction Friendly!

My boyfriend decided to get a little creative this evening and create a breading for our catfish that was lo-carb.  I was skeptical since the main ingredient in this breading was pork rines, but I decided I would let him work his magic in the kitchen while I studied.

Ingredients:

Catfish
Bag of pork rines
Fresh cracked pepper
Crushed red pepper flakes
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Chipotle powder
Garlic salt
Ground Parsley
Cayenne pepper
Creole seasoning
Eggs

Instructions:

1.  Ground your pork rines in a food processor almost to a fine powder.
2.  Add your seasonings.  Although he used cracked pepper the most, everything was to taste.  Just keep tasting your pork rines until you get the pork taste out and the cajun taste in.
3.  Dip catfish into eggs and drop in your breading mix.
4.  Once on the cooking sheet sprinkle Creole seasoning on top.
5.  Set the oven to 350 degree and bake for 30 minutes.

This tasted great with carb free Caesar salad dressing or lo-carb Ranch dressing!

I was absolutely taken by surprise by how good this tasted.  I did not know what to expect, but it was delicious and I cannot wait to have it again!

0 comments: